[Paraview] Oilflow - Surface flow

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Thu Mar 29 05:24:56 EDT 2012

Hi Lorenzo.

If your data are the results of a CFD computation, the surface velocity
should be non zero when solving Euler equations with wall slip
conditions, or zero everywhere when solving the Navier-Stokes equations
with wall adherence conditions (non slip). But when solving
Navier-Stokes equations, you should get a skin friction vector (local
tangential force) that is non zero: for LIC to give an oilflow pattern,
you should use this skin friction vector instead of the velocity vector.

And please, could you tell us what was the solution given by Koen? His
mail was missing.

Richard.

--
 Richard GRENON