[Paraview] Comparing two curves

David Pont David.Pont at scionresearch.com
Thu Mar 22 16:09:35 EDT 2012

Hi Abdul,
  I am currently doing some work comparing distributions using the Kolmogorov-Smirnov (KS) test. This technique is probably not directly applicable but the basic approach may be? My understanding is the basic metric used is the vertical deviation between the two cumulative distribution curves. Perhaps this methodology can be applied to create a similarity metric for arbitrary curves? As with the KS test you may want to normalise or standardise the two curves first.

  regards Dave

David Pont
Scientist - Forest Management Science
Scion
49 Sala Street, Private Bag 3020, Rotorua 3046, New Zealand
DDI +64 7 343 5663
www.scionresearch.com<http://www.scionresearch.com/>