[Paraview] Excluding elements from plot

Andreas Puettmann a.puettmann at grs-sim.de
Mon Mar 19 12:57:05 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I am visualizing finite element data with Paraview.
Is there a possibility to exclude mesh points (or probably rather
elements) from being plotted when they have a certain value?

More specifically: In my data I have a very large amount of zero values.
Can I force somehow that these are not plotted at all (e.g. in a 2D
slice with surface representation)? What would be a suitable filter?

Thanks in advance!
Andreas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Puettmann

German Research School for
Simulation Sciences GmbH
c/o Institute of Bio- and Geosciences 1
52425 Jülich | Germany

Tel +49 2461 61 5541
Fax +49 2461 61 3870
Web www.grs-sim.de

Members: Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH | RWTH Aachen University
Registered in the commercial register of the local court of
Düren (Amtsgericht Düren) under registration number HRB 5268
Registered office: Jülich
Executive board: Prof. Marek Behr, Ph.D | Dr. Norbert Drewes