[Paraview] --use-offscreen-rendering

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Sat Mar 17 13:54:20 EDT 2012

Pvpython has an interactive shell, is a single process, and can connect to
any server. It's the client in other words just without the GUI.

Pvbatch exists as a means to give the parallel server a predefined script
to process. It is part of the server and thus can not be interacted with,
nor can it establish connections to other servers. It is the only option on
big hpc machines without sockets for the client and server to connect
through.