[Paraview] Unexpected lines in "Surface with Edges" mode with PV 3.14

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Thu Mar 15 14:05:44 EDT 2012

Hi Utkarsh.

No, the behavior of PV 3.12 Linux 64 bits or Windows 32 bits is correct
(see my first mail about this subject).

The behavior of PV 3.14 is also correct in the Windows 32 bits version.

The strange unexpected lines appear only in the "Surface with Edges"
mode of PV 3.14 Linux 64 bits while its "Wireframe" mode remains
correct. But I must say that this problem occurs only for certain
surfaces such as the one I have sent in my second mail in a gzipped
file. I had tried to build another test surface with "strange" double
curvature and the view was OK !!!

The Nvidia graphic card driver on my Linux x86-64 workstation may have
been automatically updated recently. The actual driver is 190.42 but it
seems OK for all view modes of PV 3.12 and also for all view modes other
than "Surfaces with Edges" of PV 3.14 (the LIC plugin works well, and I
remember that it was the most sensitive to driver versions).

Best regards.

Richard.

--
 Richard GRENON