[Paraview] Difference between vector and vector_components

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Mon Mar 5 05:36:54 EST 2012

Hello.

I think that the right scale mode for arrow glyph should be "vector": in
this mode, the glyph (the arrow) would be scaled according to the vector
magnitude while it remains aligned with the vector.

I am not sure but I think that the scale mode "vector components" means
that each component of the glyph would be scaled according to the same
component of the vector, so the arrow would be deformed and may not have
the same orientation as the vector. But if you choose a sphere instead
of an arrow, the sphere would become an ellipse with its greatest axis
aligned with the vector.

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA