[Paraview] plot 2d curve

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Mar 1 18:58:39 EST 2012

If you're using Python scripting exclusively, then you can indeed
directly use matplotlib or any other Pyhton modules for generating
plots. However if you want those plots to be rendered in the ParaView
GUI or on tile-displays, etc. then you want to use ParaView's plots.
For that can use the Calculator or Python Calculator to compute the
derived quantity then apply the "Plot Data" filter to plot the arrays
in plots.

Utkarsh