[Paraview] ParaViewWeb sample web applications does not display 3d contents

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Jul 30 19:04:26 EDT 2012

Hi Chandrika,

it seems that you have some rendering issue.

Warning: In /home/gs3/Downloads/ParaViewWeb/build/ParaView/src/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/vtkSMRenderViewProxy.cxx,
line 996
vtkSMRenderViewProxy (0xa152430): Disabling offscreen rendering since
empty image was detected.

Regarding the DAO option just use
org.paraview.process.jpa.VisualizationInMemoryDAO
instead of the default one that is below:
   # Possible choices: VisualizationJpaDAO / VisualizationInMemoryDAO
   pw.visualization.dao=org.paraview.process.jpa.VisualizationJpaDAO

You can check if you ParaView is properly build or not.

Launch pvpython and execute those following lines

> from paraview.simple import *
> Cone()
> Show()
> Render()
> WriteImage("/.../image.png")

Then look if the image seems to be correct.

If ParaView is not properly working, either try to reconfigure it
properly with OSMesa or simply remove the whole build tree and don't
forget the OSMesa flag before calling "make".

Seb