[Paraview] visualizing a material in paraview

Celia Bremer fuwsle at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:44:40 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm new to Paraview. I have 2 questions about visualizing an atomic material from a LAMMPS simulation.

1. I got the atom coordinates in from LAMMPS into Paraview using Pizza.py. When I just import the file, I can look at it as-is using point representation. To make it look more like atoms, I can also use the glyphs filter on the input file. But! some of the points end up outside the spheres. My question is, why are there points that don't turn into spheres? How does PV decide what turns into a glyph and what doesn't?

2. What I'd like to do next is to see the pore space - i.e., everything that's in my simulation box that's outside the glyphs. Is there already a filter for that? I thought I might be able to make a box that's the same size as my simulation box and intersect it with the glyphs object, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Thank you!

Celia