[Paraview] ParaViewWeb installation

cagatay bilgin bilgincc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 00:31:31 EST 2012

Hello Paraview users,

I am trying to build paraviewweb, got
the activemq-cpp, apache and other
dependencies installed.

When I try to compile the ParaView adapter,
I get a linker error given below. I am not sure
how to proceed with this error

Scanning dependencies of target ParaWebPlugin
[  3%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/ParaWebPlugin.dir/ParaWebPlugin_Plugin.cxx.o
Linking CXX shared library libParaWebPlugin.so
[ 40%] Built target ParaWebPlugin
Scanning dependencies of target PWServer
[ 44%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/main.cxx.o
[ 48%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkPWBlockingQueue.cxx.o
[ 51%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkPWProcessingEngine.cxx.o
[ 55%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkPWMessagingService.cxx.o
[ 59%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkPWJMSMessagingService.cxx.o
[ 62%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkPWParaWebCommand.cxx.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkPWOptions.cxx.o
[ 70%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkPWPythonInterpretor.cxx.o
[ 74%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkPWServerManagerController.cxx.o
[ 77%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkWebGLDataSet.cxx.o
[ 81%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkWebGLExporter.cxx.o
[ 85%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkWebGLObject.cxx.o
[ 88%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkWebGLPolyData.cxx.o
[ 92%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/vtkWebGLWidget.cxx.o
[ 96%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/md5.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable PWServer
[ 96%] Built target PWServer
Linking CXX executable OffScreenRendering
/usr/bin/ld:
CMakeFiles/OffScreenRendering.dir/TestOffscreenRendering.cxx.o: undefined
reference to symbol 'vtkPNGWriter::New()'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'vtkPNGWriter::New()' is defined in DSO
/bioimaging/home/ccbilgin/opt/build_paraview/bin/libvtkIO.so.pv3.14 so try
adding it to the linker command line
/bioimaging/home/ccbilgin/opt/build_paraview/bin/libvtkIO.so.pv3.14: could
not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Testing/Cxx/OffScreenRendering] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/OffScreenRendering.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestions ?
Cagatay