[Paraview] Editing (or omitting) columns in input file

Ann Moulding geoflutist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:51:03 EST 2012

Hello, I posted this question before to this list - but didn't get an
answer.

I am a Paraview newbie.  So bear with me.

I am importing a "csv" file - that has about 15 different fields.  One of
these fields is text - the rest are numeric.

I bring the file in, Use the "Table to Points" filter, and the "Delaunay 2D"
filters with no problem.  Then I try to apply a "Calculator" filter so I can
define a vector field that I can create a glyph for.

When I do this - I get an error message that an array field can't be created
for the text field (the text field is not part of my calculation).  So
somehow this text field is causing the calculator to hiccup.

Is there a way around this?   Is there a way to select all of the fields
except the text field - and then run the calculator on that filtered
dataset?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Ann