[Paraview] VirtualGL/TurboVNC and multi-GPU - using only one GPU?

Paul McIntosh paul.mcintosh at internetscooter.com
Thu Feb 23 21:33:19 EST 2012

Hi,

Is any one out there using ParaView client through VirtualGL and using the
default_server config?

I notice that if I launch the command below from within ParaView I only see
1 or 2 GPU's getting used (looking at load). If I run it outside of ParaView
then both GPU's have load. I am running ParaView client through VirtualGL,
and "glxinfo -display :0" (called from ParaView) sees both GPUs on the node

mpirun -v -hostfile $PBS_NODEFILE -bynode -np 6
/usr/local/$APPLICATION/$VERSION/bin/pvserver --server-port=11112 -display
:0.1 : -np 6 /usr/local/$APPLICATION/$VERSION/bin/pvserver -display :0.0

This is both a heads up and a question - obviously I see much faster
rendering when both GPUs are used ;)

Cheers,

Paul
---