[Paraview] Paraview-3.12.0 Client-Server

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 20 12:41:08 EST 2012

Hi Rakesh,

It sounds as though the compute node cannot see your workstation across
the network. This is a common situation.

for debugging the issue see if you could follow these steps:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Reverse_connection_and_port_forwarding#A_Forward_Connection_Over_an_ssh_Tunnel

If that works you probably would like to automate the process using a
ParaView client side pvsc script to establish a reverse ssh tunnel to
the cluster's login node, which is presumably visible from the compute
nodes, and then tell the pv server to connect to this tunnel in a server
side startup script, which submits a batch job using a batch script. I'm
attaching an example from NERSC's Cray called franklin, take a look and
see if it helps.

Burlen