[Paraview] Python: opening time-series of files, adding glyphs

Václav Šmilauer eu at doxos.eu
Thu Feb 16 07:00:28 EST 2012

Hello,

I would like to automatize my routine tasks with paraview, but perhaps
my lack of better understanding of VTK makes
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting not as instructive as
I would like to. Could I get short commands which will do the following?

1. Open a time-series of files with embedded number (File - Open -
fileName...vtu). The OpenDataFile function does not hadle the ...
ellipsis. I used the glob.glob module instead, but it does not sort
numerically; moreover, repeated calls to OpenDataFile do not create new
time points.

2. Once the pipeline is ready I would like to add Arrow/Spheres/...
glyphs and make the original white points invisible.

Thanks for help,

Vaclav