[Paraview] 3.12.0 Development release via SuperBuild

Peter Schmitt pschmittml at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:42:18 EST 2012

Hello,

I have built a ParaView-3.12.0 development release.  My goal is to use this
development release to compile & link libraries compatible with the Kitware
ParaView releases.  Ultimately, I hope to contribute my development release
for Mac & Linux (x86_64) to the unofficial-dev-install project at
http://code.google.com/p/unofficial-paraview-dev-install/.  However, I am
running into a problem.  Consider the CMakeLists.txt for my plugin:

FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})
ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(vtkENLILReader "1.0"
  SERVER_MANAGER_XML vtkENLILReader.xml
  SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkENLILReader.cxx
  GUI_RESOURCE_FILES vtkENLILGUI.xml)

Target_LINK_LIBRARIES(vtkENLILReader
)

When I configure with my ParaView_DIR set to my 3.12.0 development release,
the code compiles fine, but the link step has problems with four libraries:

i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1:
/Users/paraview/paraview/ParaView-3.12.0-Darwin-x86_64/lib/libsiloh5.dylib:
No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1:
/Users/paraview/paraview/ParaView-3.12.0-Darwin-x86_64/lib/libcgns.a: No
such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1:
/Users/paraview/paraview/ParaView-3.12.0-Darwin-x86_64/lib/libhdf5.dylib:
No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1:
/Users/paraview/paraview/ParaView-3.12.0-Darwin-x86_64/lib/libz.dylib: No
such file or directory

My custom plugin doesn't even use these libraries.  I can manually
link  (excluding the four trouble libraries) and my plugin works with the
Kitware release of ParaView-3.12.0.   For the record, I see similar
behavior when compiling the plugin on Linux with a Linux 3.12.0 development
release.

When I look at CMakeFiles/vtkENLILReader.dir/link.txt, all the libraries
are set correctly except for these four.  I'm not sure what's going on
here... These paths seem to be hard-coded in a few places in my development
release:

lib/paraview-3.12/CMake/ParaViewTargets-debug.cmake
lib/paraview-3.12/ParaViewTargets-debug.cmake
lib/paraview-3.12/KWCommonLibraryDepends.cmake

It seems like all libraries _except_ libsiloh5, libcgns, libhdf5 and libz
are expanded to ${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/lib/paraview-3.12/ in my link.txt.

How do I setup my SuperBuild to properly build a development release which
can be used to compile & link custom plugins without link problems siloh5,
cgns, hdf5 and z?

Thanks,
Pete