[Paraview] Has the VTKAviWriter issue been resolved?

Femi Alabi dafemsta_05 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 15:25:00 EST 2012

Hello,

I keep getting the following error whenever I try to save an animation in Paraview 3.10.1 on Windows 7 64-bit:

ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\source\VTK\IO\vtkAVIWriter.cxx, line 172
vtkAVIWriter (000000005234ED80): Unable to compress <save location>

I was wondering whether anyone knows how to remedy this issue. I've seen posts that are about a year old on this same topic, but no solutions have been provided that I can use.

Thanks,

Femi Alabi

UNC-CH Computer Science Department
MADAI Graduate Research Assistant