[Paraview] ANN: KiwiViewer arrives in the Android Market

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Feb 14 09:11:00 EST 2012

Hi Adriano,

It's nice to see such interest. I guess Pat might be able to provide more
details, but in the mean time I'll try to come with some workaround.

So regarding the type of the data that can be loaded, thanks to ParaView
and ParaViewWeb there is no real limitation. You can use a ParaViewWeb as a
front-end to convert on the fly the data that you need to load and ask your
mobile device to render the geometry that has been delivered to it. You can
even ask ParaViewWeb to pre-process the raw data to get only the subset you
are interested in.

In fact the coupling of ParaViewWeb and KiwiViewer brings a wider use case
to the whole framework and that's true for both framework. Both can benefit
from each other. ParaViewWeb extend its usage outside the Web and
KiwiViewer get access to a remote processing framework that can do the
heavy lifting so it could focus on the rendering part.

Seb