[Paraview] Bug with MaskPoints + GaussianSplatter pipeline/

Hal Canary hal at cs.unc.edu
Wed Feb 8 10:09:09 EST 2012

My adviser noticed this bug with a custom VTK class and ParaView plugin
I wrote; I assumed that I was at fault until I was able to reproduce it
with a standard VTK class.

Attached is a .xml plugin for a Gaussian Splatter filter class that uses
VTK's vtkGaussianSplatter class.

To reproduce this bug:
  1) Launch ParaView (I'm using 3.12.0 for Win64).
  2) Tools -> Manage Plugins -> Load New
       -> (load file GaussianSplatter.xml)
  3) Sources -> Wavelet -> Apply
  4) Filters -> Alphabetical -> Mask Points -> Apply
  5) Filters -> Alphabetical -> Gaussian Splatter -> Apply

What I see:  only a small corner of the surface of the Image output of
the filter.  I expect to see a large cube.  I can get the expected
result by saving the output of the Mask Points to a file
mask_points.vtk, loading that file, then running the Gaussian Splatter
filter.  So the bug seems to be in how the two filters interact, not in
either filter alone.

Can anyone else reproduce this bug?  Should I report it to paraview.org/Bug?

Thanks!

--
Hal Canary
http://cs.unc.edu/~hal/