[Paraview] Problems with visibility of 3D Widgets when switching between views

Nenad Vujicic nenadus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:45:36 EDT 2012

Hello everyone!

I have problems with visibility of 3D widgets when I have several
views opened in one ParaView Qt client and I switch between them. I
experience this behavior on both Windows and Linux. Here is how to
reproduce it:

0) Start ParaView Qt client,
1) Create Sphere source and press Apply button,
2) Create Slice filter, turn off Show Plane option and press Apply button,
3) Create new layout item by pushing '+' and select Spreadsheet View,
4) Go on Render View by pressing Layout 1 item,
5) Export 3D scene from currently active render view to VRML file
(File->Export),
6) Reopen ParaView Qt client and load previously exported VRML file.

Looks like VRML exporter exports 3D widget's geometry and topology
too, although its turned off. This also occurs with other sources /
filters with 3D widgets (PointSource, Clip, etc.).

Can someone suggest how I could fix this bug, by changing exporter's
or ParaView's sources, or at least approximate place in sources where
I could take a look for a bug?

Thanks,
Nenad.