[Paraview] XDMF and non standard topology

Adrian LUCA adi_luk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 04:43:23 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm working with an unstructured triangular mesh and the elements which are forming the mesh are not a paraview standard (small triangles are contained inside each element--elements are triangles too). I
created a XDMF file where i've put in a collection all my elements (for the triangles inside each element i used a standard triangle topology). I have two questions:

1) Is there any other way to do this, because paraview takes a lot of time to load this one?

2) It is possible to create a link from a XDMF file to a line or a column of a matrix found in a HDF5 file?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Adrian