[Paraview] ctests linked to mpi failing when not launched with mpiexec

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Aug 22 14:40:30 EDT 2012

Pushed to next. Will be in master on Friday:

commit b40f31313eb8360ab2bdea4ad8771584471ad64c
Author: Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com>
Date:   Wed Aug 22 14:37:42 2012 -0400

    Fix issues with MPI enabled systems.

    ServerManagerStateLoader was initing MPI even thought it wasn't run with
    mpiexec. This causes issues with certain MPI implementations. Since
    ServerManagerStateLoader is not meant to be run in parallel,
fixing the code to
    no init MPI by picking appropriate process type.

Utkarsh

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Burlen Loring <bloring at lbl.gov> wrote:
> Hi Utkarsh,
>
> I think that would do it.
>
> Thanks
> Burlen
>

> On 08/22/2012 10:48 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
>>
>> I think I can fix these tests to not init MPI at all since they don't
>> run in Parallel. Would that help?
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Burlen Loring<bloring at lbl.gov>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On hopper, nautilus, and very likely most other supercomputers 12 of the
>>> 19
>>> ctests that are available when using pv without x11 are failing because
>>> mpi
>>> is linked in but the appropriate mpiexec command is not used to launch
>>> the
>>> test. for eg: