[Paraview] FieldView to ParaView Converter

Paul Wells pauljwells at mac.com
Sat Aug 11 09:29:59 EDT 2012

I have been asked a few times for this and the original link died. So
here it is again. It is not a general converter - it only works for
ascii output for unstructured surface meshes and streamlines and the
output is legacy vtk. This was all I needed when I wrote it.

The original c++
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18375146/fvpv.tgz

A new Python port
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18375146/fvpv_py_source.zip

A Windows executable packaged using py2exe - put the .exe on your
desktop and drag a Fieldview file onto the icon. The converted file will
be written back to the same directory as the original but with '.vtk'
appended to the name.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18375146/fvpv_exe.zip

If this is useful to you, or you have comments/requests/patches please post.

--
Regards
Paul Wells