[Paraview] memory allocation problem when saving animation

Leonie Callies Leonie.Callies at gmx.de
Mon Sep 12 12:59:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to save an animation with a large amount of data. It is vtk binary data in 2D and 3D and I add some common filters to it such as Calculators, Extract Cells by Region, warp by scalar and a contour. Every time I try to save the animation it crashes after about a third or maybe half of the time steps because of a memory allocation problem. I am using ParaView 3.10.1 on a Linux CentOS 64bit system.
I found a bug report (ID 0011982) concerning a memory leak in 3.10.0 but it is supposed to be fixed in 3.10.1
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or is there an easy solution to the problem? This doesn't seem to be a problem in 3.8.1. But because of another bug in that earlier version I can't use 3.8.1.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Leonie