[Paraview] Interpolate data from an unstructured mesh to a structured one

Gena Bug archaerolog at mail.ru
Mon Oct 31 10:48:51 EDT 2011

Hello!

I have an interesting task -- I need to move the cell data from an unstructured mesh to
corresponding cartesian mesh. Original domain is an alpha-degree 3D sector (alpha is a
parameter, sector' angle, may be pi/3, pi/4, ...) with periodic side boundaries and
unstructured discretization (hexahedral and wedge cells). The target domain is a cube that
contains the whole cylinder (sum of N sectors: N*alpha = 2*pi). And my task is to generate
cartezian mesh in the target domain (cube) and interpolate data from the original mesh to
the cartezian.

I'm almost sure about answer, but I must ask: is there a combination of filters that can do
the trick?

I think to write a python script that can do this, but I don't know how to:
a) create a cartezian mesh and
b) iterate throw mesh cells and their nodes.

----|-
Gena.