[Paraview] Face Data on vtkUnstructuredGrids

Parker, Andrew (UK Filton) Andrew.Parker2 at baesystems.com
Fri Oct 28 09:01:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

I already have an established reader that reads in our bespoke format
and converts it to a vtkUnstructuredGrids so that I can view it in
Paraview. Furthermore a filter then reads in a solution file in a
bespoke format and shows the cell data from the CFD solution. This works
great, happy days.  However, I now need to show data on the faces on the
vtkUnstructuredGrid, a metric.  I have two problems, no idea how to set
this given the above setup, and two, to compute the metric I could do
with the following type of access:

Loop over all faces of vtkUnstructuredGrid

                Get the face centre

                Get the Left cell centre

                Get the Right cell centre

                Do some stuff.....

                Set a scale on the face to be a number based on the
stuff

Finish

I have no idea how to access the vtkUnstructuredGrid in the above to
pattern???

Can anybody help, it would be very useful... examples more than welcome.

Cheers,

Andy