[Paraview] Load multiple files at once

David Dupuis david.dupuis at cadensimaging.com
Thu Oct 20 15:56:36 EDT 2011

Hello,

I know I can launch Paraview and load a file using the following command in a linux terminal:

paraview --data=file.vtk

I also know I can load a group of file with different timesteps (file0.vtk, file1.vtk, ... ) like this:

paraview --data=file..vtk

Is it possible to launch Paraview and load at once a group of files with different timesteps and a few other files? Something like:

paraview --data=file..vtk result.vtk data.vtk

Entering multiple arguments after "--data=" like in the command here above doesn't work. I also tough about something like this, but it opens different viewers... :

paraview --data=file..vtk
paraview --data=result.vtk
paraview --data=data.vtk

So if there is a way to load many files at once in a terminal, it would be very helpful!

Thanks for helping!

David