[Paraview] changes that affect plugins

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 17 13:55:47 EDT 2011

Hi Utkarsh,

Perhaps I was reading too much into recent posts by Michael Jackson
<mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> about 3.12 changes that affected his
plugins. I'm a bit defensive on this issue as over the past couple of
years I can think of 3 changes that bit me. all showed up at run time
and were difficult to debug. I thought it would be good to plan ahead
for this release, make a pass through our plugins and catch any
potential issues up front. Thanks for the link. Judging from your reply,
it sounds like there won't be much to do this time :)

Burlen