[Paraview] Plugin Requiring another plugin option

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Oct 13 13:23:41 EDT 2011

I have a plugin that requires another plugin to work correctly. I have the following in my CMake files for the plugin:

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN ("PVDislocationPlugin" "1.0"
    SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES ${ParaDis_Server_Wrapped_Sources}
    SERVER_MANAGER_XML     ${ParaDis_SM_XML}
    SERVER_SOURCES         ${ParaDis_Server_Sources}
    GUI_RESOURCE_FILES     ${ParaDis_Client_XML}
    REQUIRED_ON_SERVER     ${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/Code/Client/Resources/
    REQUIRED_PLUGINS   "PVH5VtkPlugin")
target_link_libraries(PVDislocationPlugin PVH5VtkPlugin)

Note the "target_link_libraries" call. To get the plugin to compile I need to add that line. I would have thought the REQUIRED_PLUGINS argument would have taken care of that. Is this a bug, half implemented feature or operator error?

Thanks