[Paraview] Cannot compile ParaView using Macports build of Qt

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Sat Oct 8 11:06:51 EDT 2011

I've been having trouble compiling ParaView on mac using the version of Qt installed with macports. The problem is that I get the following CMake error:

CMake Error at CMake/ParaViewMacros.cmake:193 (add_executable):
  Cannot find source file:

    /opt/local/lib/libQtGui.dylib/Resources/qt_menu.nib/classes.nib

  Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
  .hxx .in .txx
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMake/ParaViewBranding.cmake:263 (add_executable_with_forwarding2)
  Applications/ParaView/CMakeLists.txt:49 (build_paraview_client)

The problem appears to be that this section of code is assuming that Qt libraries, such as QtGui, are installed as frameworks but macports builds and installs them as simple libraries.  I did find the classes.nib file elsewhere, and created the attached patch to fix the problem.  Could someone please take a look at this?

-Ken

Kenneth Moreland
Sandia National Laboratories
email: kmorel at sandia.gov