[Paraview] VRPlugin

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri Oct 7 09:44:02 EDT 2011

Hi Stephan,

> I’ve noticed the new VRPlugin in the current development version which
> replaces VRUI and VRPN plugin. Is there any how to use or tutorial for that
> available?

yes it is work in progress, the base idea here is that you can choose
the back-end via a configuration element. So if the VRPlugin is
compiled with VRUI and
VRPN, you can choose which one to use or choose both in a config file
(currently state file).

We are finalizing details and working on a documentation alongside. We
have a pending branch (on gitorious), that needs to be merged in
master once we do some clean up.

We can provide you more details, or even can send you the link for our
collaboration repository if you wish to test our latest and greatest.
We are hoping to have the documentation / code in ParaView master
sometime in November.

Best,