[Paraview] Errors with GPU-based volume rendering

Paul Melis paul.melis at sara.nl
Thu Nov 24 03:19:09 EST 2011

On 11/22/2011 10:08 AM, Paul Melis wrote:
> Is this a problem with my local setup? If so, are there tests I can do
> to figure out what's wrong?

I did some more testing and it is not a problem with my local setup, as
I can get correct GPU-based volume rendering with PV 3.12.0 in the
following two situations:

* Running PV standalone on a render node under VirtualGL, accessed
through VNC
* Running 1 pvserver on a render node with forced remote rendering
(remote rendering threshold enabled and set to 0)

However, when I try to use 2 or 4 pvservers (one per render node) I get
the purple-square-screwed-up rendering, both with 3.10.1 and 3.12.0.

Surprisingly, with 3.8.1 when using 2 or 4 pvservers the GPU-based
rendering works...

Regards,
Paul