[Paraview] 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator and paraview

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Sun Nov 6 09:55:52 EST 2011

  Hi all

  A SpaceNavigator has arrived in my desk and I have been trying to put to
work for paraview. I use Linux.

  I've found the wiki page

  http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Space_Navigator

  Compiled and instaled vrpn in my system. Updated my source code for
paraview using git and explicitly compiled the plugin for VRPN.

   VRPN_INCLUDE_DIR                 /usr/local/include
   VRPN_LIBRARY                     /usr/local/lib/libvrpn.a
   VRPN_QUAT_LIBRARY                /usr/local/lib/libquat.a

  I uncommented the relevant line from vrpn.cfg and started the server.

  When starting paraview with

  paraview --vrpn --vrpn-address=tracker0 at localhost

  the result is

  Cannot open data file " --vrpn "
Application asked to unregister timer 0x61000017 which is not registered
in this thread. Fix application.

  I have also tried to go to the plugin managment and set the vrpn plugin
to autoload.

  Anyway it is not working. Ideas?

  best regards,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/