[Paraview] [Xdmf] xdmf + vtk image extents

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri May 27 17:45:48 EDT 2011

I think the "Collection" Gridtype is the answer for this.

Specify the whole object via the collection grid and the individual pieces
as subgrids each covering different portions of the domain.

Below is a fake example, (I couldn't get parallel paraview git master server
to write the wavelet source out correctly, but suspect an earlier version
would), but the overall layout should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE Xdmf SYSTEM "Xdmf.dtd" []>
<Xdmf xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude" Version="2.2">
  <Domain>
  <Grid Name="Wavelet" GridType="Collection">
    <Grid GridType="Uniform">
      <Topology TopologyType="3DCORECTMesh" Dimensions="11 21 21"/>
      <Geometry GeometryType="ORIGIN_DXDYDZ">
        <DataItem Name="Origin" Dimensions="3" NumberType="Float"
Precision="4" Format="XML">
0 0 0
</DataItem>
        <DataItem Name="Spacing" Dimensions="3" NumberType="Float"
Precision="4" Format="XML">
1 1 1
</DataItem>
      </Geometry>
      <Attribute Name="RTData" Active="1" AttributeType="Scalar"
Center="Node">
        <DataItem Dimensions="11 21 21" NumberType="Float" Precision="4"
Format="HDF">/Users/demarle/tmp/wavelet1.h5:/Data0</DataItem>
      </Attribute>
    </Grid>
    <Grid GridType="Uniform">
      <Topology TopologyType="3DCORECTMesh" Dimensions="10 21 21"/>
      <Geometry GeometryType="ORIGIN_DXDYDZ">
        <DataItem Name="Origin" Dimensions="3" NumberType="Float"
Precision="4" Format="XML">
10 0 0
</DataItem>
        <DataItem Name="Spacing" Dimensions="3" NumberType="Float"
Precision="4" Format="XML">
1 1 1
</DataItem>
      </Geometry>
      <Attribute Name="RTData" Active="1" AttributeType="Scalar"
Center="Node">
        <DataItem Dimensions="10 21 21" NumberType="Float" Precision="4"
Format="HDF">/Users/demarle/tmp/wavelet2.h5:/Data0</DataItem>
      </Attribute>
    </Grid>
  </Grid>
  </Domain>