[Paraview] Access to paraview pipeline

Bastien Purnelle bastien911 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:12:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

I want to develop an custom application based on Paraview in order to read a live-data from an extern C++ class and display a graphical view of this data.
I have written this code thanks to an example :

myMainWindow::myMainWindow(QWidget* parentObject,
 Qt::WindowFlags wflags) : Superclass(parentObject, wflags)
{
 Ui::myMainWindow ui;
 ui.setupUi(this);

 // Get access to the for standard paraview views.
 pqPluginManager* pgm = pqApplicationCore::instance()->getPluginManager();
 pgm->addInterface(new pqStandardViewModules(pgm));

 // Make a connection to the builtin server
 pqApplicationCore* core = pqApplicationCore::instance();
 core->getObjectBuilder()->createServer(pqServerResource("builtin:"));

 // Create render view
 pqRenderView* view = qobject_cast<pqRenderView*>(
   pqApplicationCore::instance()->getObjectBuilder()->createView(
     pqRenderView::renderViewType(),
     pqActiveObjects::instance().activeServer()));
 pqActiveObjects::instance().setActiveView(view);

 // Set it as the central widget
 this->setCentralWidget(view->getWidget());

 pqApplicationCore::instance()->showOutputWindow();
}

Now I want to access to the pipeline and to put data into it. Could someone help me, because I don't see how to do this.
I would like some explanation to be able to progress in my project because I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance

Bastien