[Paraview] what is streamingParaview ?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon May 23 09:47:22 EDT 2011

See: http://paraview.org/Wiki/StreamingParaView

Streaming processes the data in small pieces to prevent memory exhaustion,
but it still makes the assumption that all of the data is available to read
from (it does not attempt to solve the problem of concurrent access).

Little of that code is useful for live data, other than the qt render
reschedule loop (see Plugins/StreamingView/ParaView/StreamingView.cxx in
3.10). In the distant past I used that trick to poll for either:
1) new data in a live data capable reader (simple)
2) a ready message from a live data capable server (difficult but efficient)

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive