[Paraview] Averaging value of Pressure on a particular plane

Aurélien Marsan aur.marsan at gmail.com
Mon May 9 09:30:55 EDT 2011

You should use the last 3.10 binary version. Numpy is embedded in the
pvpython = python included in the binary release.
After that, check out the part of the manual user, available in the binary
package of the 3.10, talking about the programmable filter. (p.60)

Then you will write something like that in the programmable filter, after
having cut your cylinder with the plane (for a simple arithmetic averaging,
that certainly doesn't fit to your situation)

array
= inputs[0].PointData[NameOfYourPressureArray]

print numpy.mean(array)