[Paraview] 3D Glyph Representation Question

Andreas Maier andi.maier at mytum.de
Fri May 6 04:18:52 EDT 2011

Hi Brian,

it is possible that I made a similar thing before. If you please have a look
at

http://www.lnm.mw.tum.de/Members/ismail/red_d_fsi_models.jpeg

The lung geometry to the right actually only consists of line elements. The 3D
feeling comes from the glyph filter, which  creates tubes over the 2D line
elements. A programmable filter was used to calculate and provide the glyph
filter with the radius and the orientation of the tubes. I can send you
screenshots of the single steps taken and the programmable filter script to
your  personal email (as I have no idea if the mailing list accepts file
attachments).

Regards,
Andreas

Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maier

Technische Universität München               phone: +49-(0)89-289-15268
Lehrstuhl für Numerische Mechanik           fax:   +49-(0)89-289-15301
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang A. Wall                  a.maier at lnm.mw.tum.de

Boltzmannstrasse 15, D-85747 Garching / Germany
http://www.lnm.mw.tum.de