[Paraview] FW: Coloured isosurfaces when running MPI

Philipp Schlatter pschlatt at mech.kth.se
Mon Jun 20 16:55:19 EDT 2011

Dear Utkarsh,
Thanks a lot for your answer. The type of my data is "Rectilinear Grid"
(turbulence data on a regular grid). The test case that I use to reproduce
the data leads to a size of the contours (from the statistics inspector)
230316 cells, and a memory of 15 MB. I have turned off all the remote render
thresholds etc. and the problem persists. Thus it is likely that it is the
contour filter that causes the miscolouring.

I have just reroduced the problem using the latest version 3.10.1 (Linux
32-bit); and I generated a screenshot on
http://www.mech.kth.se/~pschlatt/files/Screenshot.png.

The test is simple; I read in a rectilinear grid with a few velocity
components. Then I compute a new scalar field, essentially being the
x-corrdinate. Then I plot an isocontour, and colour it with the result of
the calculator. I would expect a continuous colour going from blue to red
spread over the whole x extent, however - according to the number of
processors used (in that case 16) - I get a repetitive pattern. By some more
experimenting it becomes clear that for some reason the colouring is done
based on the scalar value on the first processor only.

Running on 1 processor everything is fine.

I am of course happy to provide the respective data files, if this could
help.

Thanks for any help!
Best regards,
Philipp