[Paraview] Colormap opacity / transparency

Gary Strangman gary.strangman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 16:30:37 EDT 2011

Hi again all,

I solved my linked-colormap problem when rendering multiple volumes (thanks
Utkarsh, using separate variable names worked great!). My next issue is
this: can someone explain when colormap transparency is enabled? In some of
my data views, the opacity option is grayed out (for example, in slice
renderings, and also in points data). I kinda understand the points case,
but I was surprised by slice renderings. I suspect there is an underlying
principle I'm missing here ...

-best
Gary