[Paraview] Issue with vtkStructuredGrid and ParaView

Adriano Gagliardi agagliardi at ara.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 06:01:01 EDT 2011

After trying a few variations of SetExtent, UpdateWholeExtent, etc, I have
still got no further with this. However, after reading the mesh in, I can
now actually view it if I set the representation to Outline. Otherwise, I
get a blank 3D view. Converting to an unstructured grid using connectivity
or merge blocks also allows me to view the mesh.

In light of this, I took a sample piece of code out and implemented it
through the Programmable filter and it works fine from there. However, I've
now run out of time to get this working perfectly. If anyone has any
suggestions for things to try in the future, I'd be happy to hear them.

Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD
Business Sector Leader
Computational Aerodynamics
Aircraft Research Association Ltd.