[Paraview] GetPolyData on a BoxWidget

Laurent Paul l.paul at uclouvain.be
Fri Jun 10 04:23:48 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

Me again!

My config is : Windows 7 64 bits, VS2010 (and SDK 7.1 to get the 64 bits
version compiler).
I managed to build Qt and Paraview... unfortunatelly, paraview crashes
just after the splash screen :-\
I was suspecting the Qt version to be responsible since I have installed
the binaries Qt4.7.3 built using VS2008 (32 bits?).
Perhaps an issue with the VS2008 Version or the 4.7.3 that was not
tested with paraview.

Then, I have looked for sources in this page :
ftp://ftp.trolltech.no/qt/source/ (I have also checked that one that is
identical ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/)
The most recent source version is the 4.5.3 for windows (and also for
the 'all' distribution), open source. I have built it.... but when I run
CMake to configure paraview project, it complains because it needs Qt
4.6.0 or greater.
How can I do? There is no sources for 4.6.0. The only Qt4.6.0 or greater
available as sources are for 'everywhere', 'mac' 'symbian'. I have tried
using the 'everywhere' distribution V 4.7.3, and paraview doesn't start.
I have also tried using 'everywhere-4.6.2, but building exits with an error.

Can you advice me?
Thanks,
Laurent.