[Paraview] Python + ParaView

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:19:28 EDT 2011

Thanks for the hints.

The Trace function in indeed quite useful in that it get you where you
want to be. When looking at the code there's still a lot of me to
understand though, the GetLookupTableForArray() call seems to be
crucial for example.

 * The VectorMode='Magnitude' parameter seems to be responsible for
merging the two components into one scalar, but I'm not quite sure how
this is done: with a sqrt() or without? Is is possible to customize
this? I'd like to have something like ATAN2 there as well.

 * Is the RGBPoints=[0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0],
parameter responsible for the colormap?

Cheers,
Nico