[Paraview] GetPolyData on a BoxWidget

Laurent Paul l.paul at uclouvain.be
Wed Jun 8 04:41:59 EDT 2011

The bit level was not specified, and I had no choice for the compiler...
I tried compiling using the 32 bit version of my compiler and it worked.

Regarding the clipping, I can't find the vtkPVBox in the paraview sources.
Are you sure that it is the class used for clipping DataSet using a box?
I used to clip PolyData with vtkPlanes as implicitFunction, retrieved
from the vtkBoxWidget.

Laurent.

You are using 64-bit Qt while building a 32-bit binary. Make sure you
re-configure ParaView (using cmake) and pick 64bit compiler.

When clipping with box, you'd get a  vtkPVBox as the implicit
function. You can get the box dimensions from it and the construct
your own polydata or use vtkCubeSource in combination with
vtkTransformFilter to get the oriented bounding box. You cannot get
access to the vtkBoxWidget in a filter.

Utkarsh