[Paraview] GetPolyData on a BoxWidget

Laurent Paul l.paul at uclouvain.be
Tue Jun 7 11:17:36 EDT 2011

I'm currently building paraview from sources...
I had errors caused by Qt.
"fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target
machine type 'x64'" in QtGUI4.dll and in QtCore4.dll
My computer runs Windows 7 64 bits. I have downloaded and installed (not
built) Qt4.7.3 Vs2008.
My compiler is VS2010 64 bits edition.
Do you think it is a building error from Qt or from the compiler version?

I have created a subclass of vtkPVClipDataSet as you adviced me.
If I am right, Data clipping using a box is performed by moving a
BoxWidget, getting the vtkPlanes and providing them to vtkPVClipDataSet
as implicitFunction. Can you confirm me?
If yes, it is not exactly what I was looking for since I need to access
to the box widget to retrieve the polydata. In vtkPVClipDataSet i on ly
have acces to the implicit function, thus the vtkPlanes.
I guess that I need to access to the point in the code where we get the
BoxWidget just before passing the vtkPlanes to the clipper.
Can you show me where it is (sorry, it is the first time i open the
paraview source code, I need help!) ?

Laurent.