[Paraview] Concept: A world without the Apply button

David Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 1 16:46:14 EDT 2011

Utkarsh,

I agree that composite readers (and probably other composite filters)
can provide the dataset structure in the RequestDataObject pass, but I
don't know that many currently do. Certainly the ExodusIIReader
doesn't. It would be easy enough to provide an empty hierarchy of *all
the available* blocks the file(s) contain, but doing that with all of
the block/set selections plus populating empty arrays on each leaf
(which I think would be useful) would be a lot of work.

	David