[Paraview] Viewing of 3D image data on object data with paraview

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Feb 24 09:09:13 EST 2011

I believe the problem stems from the fact that although ITK supports
associating transforms with ImageData itself, VTK and subsequently
ParaView do not. If you look at vtkImageData class
(http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageData.html), you
notice that there's no API for setting/getting transform. Thus no
reader in VTK or ParaView can read and pass that information through
the pipeline and eventually render using that transform.

As you mentioned, the easiest work around is to manually translate the
transform to values to the "transform" properties on the display tab.

BTW, ParaView does include a contributed Nifti reader plugin that you
can load to read in nifti files directly.

Utkarsh