[Paraview] Error reading ascii data

Wayne Wu salad00 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:38:32 EST 2011

Hi all,

I use Elmer to simulate under Ubuntu, and the results are saved as vtk
files. I can really view these files under Ubuntu with ParaView 3.4.0;
the low version number is due to apt-get. However, when I view them on
my Mac with ParaView 3.10, I got the error saying "Error reading ascii
data. Possible mismatch of datasize with declaration", and some data
could not be correctly displayed. See attached picture.

I also tried 3.10 under Windows, there is no such problem.

I found this thread,
http://www.mail-archive.com/paraview@paraview.org/msg04625.html
I am not sure whether it is due to regional settings, because all of
my computers are with UK region.

Any of you encountered this problem? Any ideas to solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Wayne

http://code-saturne.blogspot.com/