[Paraview] Building VTK with shared libraries in ParaView

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:36:41 EST 2011

Hi,
Maybe I missed something in your request but:
The VTK sources you can find in the ParaView source tree may be used
independently. I mean, no matter if you create a VTKBuild folder from
which you execute CMake by pointing on the VTK sources. This built may
have a totally different CMake configuration, such as STATIC instead
of SHARED. The cons is that you will have 2 built dir for VTK, one in
the ParaView built dir (the one with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON) and another
one in another place.

Your test application will then have to point the VTK_DIR to the right
VTK built dir in CMake.

HTH,
Jerome