[Paraview] Custom Plugins as Git Submodules

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Feb 17 13:07:30 EST 2011

With the move to git I got to thinking that another, possibly more straight forward, way to build extra plugins would be to simply check them out as git submodules into my ParaView source tree. The issue would be I would have to add code into the ParaView/Plugins/CMakeLists.txt file to pick mine plugins up and build them.

 I know there is the PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES but maybe there could be a variation on that where the entire Plugins/ directory is scanned for plugins? I think Boost-CMake something like this. I know there are probably some show stopper draw backs to something along these lines that I am not thinking of but I just thought I would throw it out there for comments.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio