[Paraview] coprocessing update

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Feb 14 15:07:54 EST 2011

I just wanted to give an update on some small changes for the coprocessing
library that will be in ParaView 3.10.  It is aimed more at the users who
aren't interested in using the coprocessing python script generator and
would rather use C++ to drive their coprocessing pipelines.  The changes
are:

1) The coprocessing library does not depend on python anymore.  This
simplifies the build process for those not interested in using python
pipeline scripts for coprocessing (thanks to Nathan Fabian for the change).

2) Coprocessing pipelines can now be added and removed during the simulation
run.  This should give users finer grained control over which pipelines are
to be used.  My thinking for this change was that the developer could add a
library of coprocessing pipelines and the user could then control which ones
are actually used during a specific simulation run.

Andy